EATON – Fort Worth, TX – Lead Software Engineer
Related adsJob Description
Eaton Aerospace located in Ft Worth, TX has an opening for a Lead Software Engineer3M Job as Senior Software Development Engineer - Maplewood, MN. Read more ... » responsible for leading software developmentRedfish Technology - Green Energy Division for Software Engineer in Torrance, CA. Read more ... » teams responsible for legacy and new product software development to RTCA/DO-178B level A and B standards.
Essential functions for this role include:
Participate in or lead preliminary engineering activities to develop preliminary technical solutions and generate preliminary estimates and schedules for new products and modifications to existing products; Have the demonstrated ability to act in either a single contributor role or technical lead of a medium sized team across the software full life cycle; Generate software planning documents as required by regulatory standards like DO-178B; Generate the modeling architecture for complex avionics systems and embedded software models using Matlab tools suite. Participate in the modeling activities and provide technical leadership; Analysis system level requirements or ICD interface requirements allocated to software for completeness and function. Generate software high-level requirements from allocated systems requirements. Generate and implement low level software design and software architectures; Provide complete traceability of the system level requirements allocated to software down to the software architecture code modules and verification test files and test file results; Generate code modules per the software architecture that perform the allocated requirements and perform initial hardware software integration on the embedded targets; Develop functional software verification test cases to functional test the embedded software on the target. Develop software module test cases to test specific software modules to their allocated requirements; Perform software structural coverage testing as required by the DO-178B software level of criticality for the embedded software; Perform analysis tasks required by DO-178B such as Stack Depth Analysis, Memory Usage Analysis, etc; Provide technical leadership of medium to large COE teams or COE outsourced activities across the full-life cycle; Assist the Project Engineer with regular team status, risk status, and budget status updates when working in a technical leadership capacity; Communicate technical status and schedule status for assigned activities and medium sized teams to the COE Project Engineer and/or Program Manager; Generate and present technical data to Aerospace Management, Customers, or regulatory agencies as required; Develop productivity enhancements and new process and tools solutions for the software COE; Contribute to the adherence, upgrade and maintenance of the Software COE software standards and processes; Develop productivity enhancements and new process and tools solutions for the software COE.
Job Qualifications/Educational Requirements
- Requires BSEE or similar engineering degree with a minimum of 7 years experience in embedded full life cycle software design activities. Minimum of 5 years in avionics;
- Demonstrated knowledge of avionics systems and embedded software design for safety critical systems in distributed architectures.
- Experience working with and interfacing to sibling engineering disciplines (Program Management, Systems, Circuits…)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software development and verifications tools including:
· Matlab (Modeling of Systems and Software functions)
· DOORS (Requirements Capture & Traceability)
· C programming Language
· Processor target assemble language
· Integrated Development Environments (IDE’s)
· ClearCase (Change Management)
· ClearQuest (Change Control)
· Scripting languages like Perl, Python, Tck/Tk…
· Rational Test Real Time (Structural Coverage),
· PC Lint
· Embedded Target Compilers
· Debuggers & Emulators
· MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with avionics communications busses like AFDX, ASCB, ARINC 429, CAN, and TTP.
- Demonstrated experience acting in an individual contributor role and as the technical lead of a team of 8 or more engineers.
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills; must be a self-starter
- Demonstrated experience interfacing to ascending levels of Management, the customer, or regulatory agencies (FAA, DER, others)