Eaton: Accountant – Peachtree City, GA
Accountant Job Description: Eaton, located in Peachtree City, GA has an opening for an Accountant. The Accountant position will assist the Controller to support two different businesses, LED Innovation Plant and the US Controls Business to produce general accounting functions including reporting, account analysis, month end closing and forecasting; will need communication and follow up with services outside of Accounting including Buyers, Selling, Marketing, R&D.
Eaton means a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we understand things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Minimum of 2 years works experience in finance/accounting roles.
- BA/BS Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates who live within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered for this post.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong organizational and work management skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to set priorities.
- Learning agile.
- Works well with others, team member, excellent communication skills.
- Accounting degree preferred
- Masters degree and CPA a plus.
- Three years’ experience in a general accounting role.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Experience with SAP financials and Business Warehouse or other reporting systems
- Skilled in PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel.
Accountant Job Key Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable: Maintenance of the “GR/IR” balances (open purchase order balances for receipts/invoices) in SAP (our ERP system) relating to the LED Innovation plant and the US Controls businesses. This requires closely working with Buyers and receiving personnel. There are aging goals established by Division which are expected to be met.
- Accounts Payable: Maintain MRBR in accordance with Division goals. Involves working with buyers, FSS (Our external processor of invoices), and others as needed.
Accounts Payable: General maintenance required for adding new Vendors, expediting of payments, submitting Non-PO invoices for payment, as well as other miscellaneous AP tasks that may arise.
- Various Account Reconciliations.
- Deferred Revenue Recognition: Record revenues that are initially deferred when appropriate. Includes submission of invoices for outside contracting services to our external AP service and also includes month to date as well as month end reporting of the revenue and expenses for this piece of our US Controls business. Provide aid to the Controller for forecasting this activity.
Daily sales reporting: Reporting of daily and month to date sales by brand within business. This task is completed every morning and is sent out to various management personnel in our businesses.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly report requirements as well as aid the in annual preparation of tax support scheduled, census reporting, and R&D tax credit preparation.
- Percentage of Completion Accounting for Technical Services function: recording financial data and journals, reporting, includes aiding with /facilitating meetings with Project Managers and Tech Services organization to gather accurate data to support.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities unique to the General Accounting function; IE: accrual of expenses received but invoices not posted, miscellaneous other entries required to close the month.
- Budgeting/Forecasting for SG&A and Prod Support controllable expenses as well as aid in miscellaneous other activities for budgeting and forecasting.
Great work environment and friendly employees
A wonderful place to work. Has a cafeteria at the Brookpark and corporate sites. I have been working for 20 years and the people here at the Brookpark facility were the friendliest and the most helpful people at any job that I have worked at so far. The position is challenging and very detailed oriented. I learned to be friendlier with my co-workers at this job. I learned from my manager that the upper management cares about its workers. The hardest part of the job is making sure to pay attention to detail and to double check your own work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the day to day challenge of working with the numbers and figuring out where they are supposed to go. Its like completing a puzzle every day. I try to challenge myself by doing more each day. The puzzle part keeps me interested.
Job Title: Accountant
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Location: Peachtree City, GA US
Relocation Provided: No