Earth Fare: Bookkeeper – Raleigh, NC – Full Time
The Bookkeeper is responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed while adhering to the department’s Standard Operating Procedures. They ensure proper accounting of the Front End of the store while maintaining a safe, secure and customer focused environment. This role is balanced evenly between conducting operational tasks in the Cash Office, managing cashier breaks during the day, and responding promptly and professionally to customer service opportunities. There is potential for the candidate accepted for this position to be a replacement for the Front End Manager.
Required Bookkeeper Skills, Knowledge, and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication skills and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task while assisting customers and teammates.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Front End Manager and other store management.
- Must have proficient math and bookkeeping skills.
- Must have proficient cash handling skills.
Required Bookkeeper Experience
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Earth Fare experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and expertise; however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
Essential Functions of Bookkeeper Job
- Upholds communicates and supports the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures, and customer service creed while maintaining a clean, organized, safe and secure work environment. (20%)
- Operational Tasks: This role manages the accounting and accounting for the store’s Front End Department including the reconciliation and recording of cash register drawers and daily balancing of the Cash Office. The Book Keeper communicates any money or paperwork discrepancies, security issues, or customer service opportunities to the Front End Manager promptly. This role prepares the daily bank deposits and change orders and prepares all Cash Office paperwork, including developing and disseminating store reports to the Home Office on a regular basis. The Book Keeper is instrumental in communicating policies and procedures to cashiers keeping them up to date with any changes as well as coaching and training cashiers on the standard operating procedures for the department. This person works with the Front End Manager to promote loss prevention and security awareness, as well as ensures the void and refund policies are being followed accurately. The Book Keeper will delegate tasks to the cashiers during slower periods of time and perform other duties as directed by the Front End Manager. This position also performs open and closing duties, runs a cash register, works the customer service desk and assists the Front End Manager with audits. The Book Keeper helps maintain a clean and sanitary restroom in the store. They also attend required department and store meetings. (60%)
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive Front End Department by implementing Earth Fare merchandising/marketing guidelines as outlined by the Front End Manager. (10%)
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, workstations/cash registers and Cash Office. (10%)
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- Will stand, walk and be on one’s feet a majority of scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team
- The member should have another member of the group help raise the issue).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate by race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
Job Title Bookkeeper
Job Location Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Salary 9.00 – 10.80 USD