Dell Inc. for Software Systems Engineer Manager II
About the Software Systems EngineerMouser Electronics for Jr. Software Systems Engineer in Texas. Read more ... » Manager II:
Manages pre-sales field technical software sales team members and leads support activities for the development and implementation of complex, and specialized software products/applications/services/solutions. Develops customer installation plans. Directs the deployment of resources into accounts to identify and support qualified opportunities. Provides/oversees pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations. Manages Sales Engineering individual contributors focused on larger or more complex accounts or Specialists deployed on more important or more multiple opportunities.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing, and maintaining a diverse and competent workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Develops and executes sales engineering and complex specialist selling strategies and identifies opportunities for process improvements.
- Provides technical expertise to sales organization in selecting, implementing and developing competitive product and services applications and solutions.
- Coordinates with account management resources to make customer calls and presentations as well as participate in the bid and walk-through meetings with the client as necessary.
- Ensures proposed solution meets the technical and business needs of the customer.
- Estimates overall solution performance, and price for budgetary estimates.
- Serves as the thought leader and company subject matter expert on specific technical projects with customers.
- May provide product and service feasibility analysis in support of sales efforts with sales representatives.
- Establishes operational objectives for the team(s).
- Sets focus and direction for sales engineers and product specialists aligned to industry vertical or business.
- Drives focus with cross-business and cross-functional resources.
- Drives business process improvement efforts.
- Understands complexities of the environment and works within Dell to solve complex business issues.
- Collaborates with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly.
- May have first-level leaders reporting to them.
- Consults with customer’s technical management
- May publish technical articles regarding specific applications.
Nature of Work:
- Provides direction and guidance for administration and results for multiple departments within a function or work area.
- Leverages the knowledge and skills of managers or teams of professionals.
- Manages multiple teams and important assignments.
- Establishes budgets, operational plans and performance requirements.
- Resolves operational issues.
- Develops standards around which others will operate.
- Work is guided by long-term objectives.
- Translates business plans into targets for a department or work area.
- Exercises latitude in managing operations.
- Initiates new or revised procedures, programs, and initiatives.
- Aligns operational plan with practical strategy and approach.
- May influence and develop full programs and initiatives.
- Accomplishes results through the management of a team of professional team members and managers.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff members.
- Develops and administers schedules, objectives, and goals.
- Delegates clearly and consistently.
- Independently determines the approach to managing teams and daily operations.
- Provides guidance, constructive input, and motivation to team.
- May develop an external presence through publication or speaking engagements.
- Assumes responsibility for sales objectives.
- Conducts responsible stakeholder and risk analysis on the main issues.
- Weighs alternatives and considers service and business implications of decisions.
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness; develops strategies for adjusted courses of action.
- Develops new techniques to support innovative solutions.
- Removes barrier to change.
Dell offers a competitive Software EngineerDeloitte: Java Programmer - Costa Mesa, CA. Read more ... » Salary and Bonus plan as well as an excellent Benefits Package.
To apply: http://tinyurl.com/6eujqgp