Dell Inc. for Senior Software Engineer – Embedded Server SW in Round Rock, TX
Senior Software EngineerPolycom, Inc - Software Engineer - Austin, TX. Read more ... » – Embedded Server SW
Dell’s embedded software team is looking for a software engineer with a solid understanding of industry standards and best practice development methodologies. The individual will be responsible for contributing on a small team responsible for embedded server management firmware.
This position provides the opportunity for participating in the development of one or more firmware subsystems and has the responsibility for ensuring their implementation into Dell’s PowerEdge Server enterprise product line. This includes requirements refinement, development process execution, integration testing, fault isolation, manufacturing release and resolution of design and coding issues found in the field.
Participate in the preparation, review, and analysis of software requirements and specifications. Procure, test, and integrate code for new or existing software projects. Provide sustaining or maintenance support to existing software. Clearly communicate project issues and status. Use defined software lifecycle methodologies. Review and implement test strategies for software products.
Duties include all activities necessary to take a product from concept through production including architecture definition, implementation and integration, validation strategy, debug, issue resolution and production readiness.
- Embedded C programming on a variety of processors
- Experience with embedded Linux applications and open source libraries
- Solution level understanding of power management, thermal algorithms and software technologies is a plus.
- Great attitude and propensity to learn legacy code in addition to developing new software
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following industry standards or specifications is required: I2C, IPMI, KCS, USB, SNMP, SM-CLP, WS-MAN, TCPIP.
- Experience with implementing embedded software across Intel and AMD architectures is a plus.
- Experience with embedded operating systems (RTOS, embedded Linux).
- Experience with PowerPC or ARM processors a plus.
- Excellent engineering debug skills are essential to success in the role.
- Experience performing design and development work for embedded firmware products.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products under demanding schedules.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a global multisite development environment a major plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or equivalent.
To apply : http://tinyurl.com/4dtu3mj