CUNY School of Law – New York, NY – Financial Aid Advisor
Related adsGENERAL DUTIES: Counsels applicants and students on eligibility for financial aid programs, assisting them in the application process.
- Verifies eligibility for Federal and State financial aid programs including grants, scholarships, and guaranteed student loans
- Performs application intake, evaluation, processing and awarding
- Assists in the production of Financial Aid online print material and websites
- Advises students on good academic standing requirements and the appeal process; reviews appeals for dependency overrides and budget adjustments
- Conducts group workshops and represents the financial aid office at various on- and off- campus events
- Serves as a liaison between the college office and Direct Loan Providers
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION: Coordinate the Federal Perkins and Veteran Programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required.
BENEFITS: CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Financial Aid
65-21 Main Street
Flushing, New York 11367 >>>» View or apply to job