Confidential – Accountant – Washington, DC
Related adsJob Description
Washington D.C. based trade association is looking for an accountantBrocade Communications: Financial Reporting Accountant - San Jose, CA. Read more ... » to join their Finance & AccountingAmerican Assets Trust: Accounting Manager - San Diego, CA. Read more ... » team. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reportingSenior Accountant in Los Angeles California as Financial Reporting at Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. Read more ... » functions within the organization, as well as maintaining the organization’s ongoing financial controls. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee the work of the organization’s bookkeeperCustom Data Solutions: Full Charge Bookkeeper - Sterling Heights, MI. Read more ... ».
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and oversight of the accounting functions
- Develop and maintain Finance Department policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of annual budget
- Ensure budget compliance and monitor organization’s spending
- Reconcile statements and book payroll entires
- Conduct monthly close and prepare financial statements
- Create schedules and book year-end entries
- Assist with preparing for the year-end audit and tax filings
- Develop and implement specialized reporting to meet business needs.
- Perform online banking functions.
- Assist in maintenance of fixed asset lists.
- Other finance/accounting duties as requested
Candidates should have a strong understanding of and/or experience with payables/receivables, GAAP, GL, and balance sheet management. Experience in a non-profit or trade association a plus. Applicants should have 4-7 years experience in accounting or finance and possess a bachelors degree in accounting or finance. CPA preferred.