Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Adult Basic Education Teacher – Billerica, MA
The Middlesex Sheriff’s Office (MSO) is seeking a qualified educational professional for the position of Adult Basic Education Teacher at the Middlesex House of Correction in Billerica. The nonexempt position is a full time (36-40 hr) ABE/Pre-ASE teaching position. Monday-Friday (8:30AM-8:30 PM) Hours of work are flexible to accommodate the needs of the grant. The position is grant funded with no benefits and subject to the availability of grant funds.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Education or designee:
- Provide instruction in adult basic education with concentrations in high school mathematics and English, including reading, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Work with adult students from diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds, including those with significant reading and math deficiencies.
- Work within the constraints of a correctional setting, complying with all institutional rules regarding safety and security.
- Design and implement student lessons that meet the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education and MSO standards.
- Administer ABE student assessments, including placement and progress, reports.
- Maintain accurate records and generate timely reports as required.
- Participate in ABE educational and correctional professional development activities both on and off-site, particularly those sponsored by DESE/ACLS and correctional education-centered organizations.
- The performance of other duties as determined by the Director of Education or designee. $28 hourly rate.
- The position is subject to continued grant funding.
Agency Name: Sheriff’s Department Middlesex
Official Title: Adult Basic Education Teacher
Functional Title: Adult Basic Education Teacher
Occupational Group: Education
Position Type: Not Given
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-Time
Teacher Salary Range: $28.00 to $28.00 Hourly
Facility Location: Middlesex House of Correction & Jail 269 Treble Cove Road Billerica, MA 01862
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Special Education, English, Math or related content area.
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Must be a resident of Massachusetts. Must be a certified teacher in Massachusetts.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in an adult learning environment.
<<< To Apply Adult Basic Education Teacher >>>
To more Teacher Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.