Make sure you like info hot job on facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic opportunity for you Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research
Related adsPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Research Accountant is responsible for all sponsored project accounting activities for a subset of sponsored accounts from account set-up through award close-out. The Research Accountant will be assigned to a specific Center and/or departments within a specific Center and is responsible for all research accounting activities for that Center and/or departments.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up sponsored accounts in Budget Advisor and ensure that sponsored accounts were appropriately established in the General Ledger.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and collection of all grant and contract revenue for assigned subset of sponsored accounts.
- Review cost transfers to ensure compliance with hospital and sponsor policies. Communicate non-compliant items to the Financial Coordinator assigned to the submitting department and provide assistance or guidance to ensure a positive outcome.
- Review grant and contract expenditures to assure compliance with sponsor requirements, hospital policy and state and federal regulations. Work with Financial Coordinator assigned to the Department to resolve any expenditure issues.
- Submit consistently high quality financial status reports for assigned awards and clients in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate award close-outs.
- Collaborate with Financial Coordinators, departmental administrators and OSP staff to provide researchers excellent support for the financial management of their sponsored projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field required. A CPA is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years of accounting experience. Grant-related experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; knowledge of financial analysis techniques; knowledge and understanding of the expectations and requirements of external & internal auditing; thorough understanding of automated general ledger systems including the interfaces between the general ledger and subsystems; advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases and flexible report writing software; ability to manage & understand data; motivated and intuitive thinker.
See original job posting at Children’s National Medical Center »