Description of Diabetic Nurse Educator:
- Will work with inpatients, outpatients and ADEF (Ambulatory Diabetes Education and Follow-up) program.
- Responsible and accountable to work in collaboration with all members of the health care team to educate patients, families, staff and community in the skills needed for caring for diabetes.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of assessments, planning and coordination of individualized and outcome-oriented plans, and provides accurately delivered outcome-focused interventions.
- Demonstrates competency in adult learning principles, group process, facilitation in educating people with diabetes and their families, staff and community.
- Demonstrates competency in educating patients, families, staff and community about diabetes.
- Acts as the key resource nurse to staff, people with diabetes and their families.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of current clinical experience, two years of which include caring for pediatric and adult diabetic patients.
- Hold a current Maine State Board of Nursing license.
- Certified Diabetic Educator certification is required.
- Experience in teaching patients preferred.
Skills: Basic computer knowledge.
Shift: Day shift
Hours: Monday-Friday 36 hrs/wk
To apply Diabetic Nurse Educator job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/82orr7v