Bio-Rad, Inc.: Senior Firmware Engineer job in Hercules, CA
Design, code, debug and test embedded systems firmware for scientific laboratory instruments. Develop image processing algorithm in embedded systems environment. Be part of a team of firmware engineers developing new instruments. We develop firmware that controls instruments used in gene expression and Cell Biology research and testing.
Some of our core values include: good engineering practice, quality, communication, and meeting customer needs (internal and external). We place an emphasis on creativity, problem solving, and innovative solutions. We believe in: Teamwork, ownership, responsibility, and getting things done.
Algorithm development in: real-time control, data acquisition, and motion control.
- Develop unit and system tests to exercise the firmware and hardware.
- Develop automated manufacturing test fixture software.
- BS with 2+ years of experience, or MS/Ph.D
- Working knowledge of Embedded Linux/Android, Kernel and Driver development.
- Familiar with Image processing algorithm.
- Understanding of embedded systems and software development.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming.
- Knowledge of ARM microprocessors.
- Good coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Ability to read schematics, datasheets in order to develop firmware.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills. Commitment to quality.
Bio-Rad, Inc. ranks among the top five life science companies worldwide, and maintains a solid reputation for quality and innovation. It develops, manufactures and markets a complete range of laboratory products used for research in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, immunology, and chemistry. The group serves a growing base of customers in academic and biotechnology research, and in the pharmaceutical industry. We are looking for people with passion for excellence that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Bio-Rad was named 2010, 2011, 2012 One of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.
To apply Senior Firmware Engineer job in Hercules, CA >>> http://tinyurl.com/bcqkv78