Beachwood, OH – Nurse Educator
Related ads Facility Description
University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center is named in honor of Monte Ahuja, Chairman, UH Board of Directors, and his family, whose generous donation is helping to fulfill the promise of the UH Difference.
This health care campus will include both a hospital and medical office building serving Cleveland ‘s eastern and southeastern suburban populations. Primary and secondary care services will include general medical and surgical care, minimally invasive surgery, cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics, gastroenterology, pediatric outpatient surgery, state-of-the-art diagnostics and emergency care for adults and children, with tertiary care support from UH Case Medical Center .
The first phase of the UH Ahuja Medical Center is a 144-bed hospital and a 60,000-square-foot medical office building. As patient volume increases, second and third phases may be added, with the hospital ultimately growing to 600 beds.
The hospital complex, designed with input from physicians, nurses, patients, employees and community leaders, ensures a patient-, family and staff-friendly healing environment for the delivery of personalized, efficient services. The structure will feature eco-friendly materials and processes that minimize energy costs and impact on the environment. As part of the environmentally sensitive design, grounds surrounding the UH Ahuja Medical Center will feature bioswales to filter, collect and redistribute water to the site.
This position plans and implements education in order to promote quality improvement in patient care delivery. This individual is a clinical expert who is able to analyze educational needs and develop programming to enhance staff performance throughout the organization. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must have clinical expertise with the ability to evaluate clinical care and educational needs of all staff and patients. Coordinates learning experiences for all student levels in all areas of the organization while overseeing the Staff Development Department. Responsible to over see research activities collaboratively with UH Research and other Research Consultants. Provide support to the success of special programs such as pursuit of Magnet Status and other regulatory initiatives. Oversees and manages the Staff Development budget. Ensures that all Clinical Policies are Evidence Based and that they reflect the most recent research findings. Supports and coordinates quality improvement activities for the nursing department. Participates in System-wide educational activities and community programs involving nursing and medical and support activities as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with co-workers
- Takes responsibility for self development and the development of preceptors and other educational resources within budgetary requirements.
- Implements and coordinates education for staff, and patients utilizing exiting resources utilizing appropriate problem solving tools
- Provides consultation regarding complex patient care needs and assists in developing educational plan for patients
- Able to work without supervision
- Coordinates or provides all aspects of mandatory education
- 5 to 7 years of Progressive Nursing Experience Required
- 2 to 4 years of staff education in a hospital environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to teach one on one and in small and large group settings.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating continuing professional education programs according to professional organization requirements.
- Must be able to work with multiple disciplines. Must be self-directed with demonstrated evidence of completion of projects and programs.
Operation of audiovisual and selected office equipment required. Should have a strong familiarity with familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and data base programs.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN required
- Masters Degree in Nursing or Education preferred and strongly recommended.
- Staff Development Certification Preferred
- BLS required/BLS Instructor preferred
- ACLS Certification Required/ACLS Instructor preferred
- ICU experience preferred.
University Hospitals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer >>» View or apply to job