We are currently seeking a Software Engineer with a strong technical background in Distributed Computing. This position is for full-time work in Arlington, VA. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
- Strong and proven Python and object-orientated programming
- Experience in Network and Socket-level Programming
- Experience in distributed computing and processing big data sets.
- Applicants must be adaptable, able to dynamically change focus while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or relevant software engineer discipline. Comparable experience will be considered.
- Must possess a background suitable for eligibility to acquire a Top Secret (TS) clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Intelligence (SCI)
- Experience with scaled, distributed, fault-tolerant, multi-threaded software design.
- Development experience in agent-based architectures
- Designing and implementing proprietary messaging and network protocols
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures.
- Development experience for Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience implementing cryptographic functions
- Experience with NoSQL solutions for large-scale data management solutions
- Experience with sandbox and virtualized environments (VMware)
- 1-2 years low-level programming (C, C++, Java)
- An active US TS/SCI
- The engineer will research, design, and develop next-generation agent-based systems and distributed computing solutions
- The engineer will collaborate with open source intelligence (OSINT) analysts to develop automated analytic tools
- Develop proprietary messaging and network protocols
- Utilize sound task/project management and effective communication skills with coworkers and clients in initiating, planning, executing, and monitoring task activities involving multi-disciplinary teams.
- Monitor task progress, manage critical path activities and ensure adherence to key task performance indicators like budget and time.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle’s Cyber Innovation Unit (CIU), located in Arlington, VA provides a broad range of products and services including Cyber Intelligence and Counterintelligence, Cyber Operations Research and Development and Fundamental Science, On-site Advisory Services, and Mission Focused tools including Embedded Systems Reverse Engineering. Our Cyber research team provides next-generation, innovative solutions in support of the defense community. This is a truly unique opportunity to be creative and help build the technical capabilities of the team. Individuals at all levels will have immediate and significant impact to define the culture and growth in a fast-paced and energizing environment.
To apply job as software engineer Cyber Cloud Programmer >>> http://tinyurl.com/d4s644k