Software Engineer Job Description
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital products?
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens – online, mobile, and TV. YP.com attracts over 36 million monthly online unique visitors[i]. YP.com is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web. AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million cell phones.[ii]
Helping advertisers grow their business, AT&T Interactive’s local ad network, one of the industry’s most robust, distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers whose presence spans online, mobile and TV platforms. AT&T Interactive’s wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to reach consumers who are looking for a local business.
AT&T Interactive products are supported by more than 5,000 media consultants from AT&T Advertising Solutions.
Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer-Java in our San Francisco, Sunnyvale or Glendale (LA), CA offices.
AT&T Interactive is building the biggest and best hyper-local ad network focused on mobile engagement. With this evolution, we are poised to transform the modern interactive local ad landscape.
We have the incredible local reach, and we’ve created an amazing local experience. All supported by bleeding edge technology: mobile SDKs, RESTful APIs, and distributed computing.
Want to enhance an ad network that engages over hundreds of million monthly visitors? Want to work with superior advertising, syndication and publishing technology that serves billions of impressions annually? Want to define and build the next interactive mobile ad unit that works on multiple platforms and devices? AT&T Interactive offers all of these opportunities and more.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop leading-edge advertising solutions with large revenue impact
- Responsible for building applications from prototype to robust 24/7 production systems
- Collaborate with product and QA team members
- Document code and system designs
- Provide application support and systems maintenance
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science required.
- Minimum five years professional experience and a strong working knowledge of Java
- Experience in developing low latency, highly scalable 24/7 systems.
- Proficient knowledge of programming concepts such as concurrency and threading. Strong Java Concurrency Package experience.
- Experience with designing and implementing high-volume, high-performance, real-time systems
Software Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- In addition to the qualifications above, the ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Java, JBOSS, Spring framework, XML, and JSON.
- Shell scripting (bash and Perl)
- Relational database technologies (MySQL, Oracle 10g, or similar).
We offer competitive Software Engineer salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.