Associate Financial Services Advisor job at Ashford University in Denver, CO
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we’ve been given.
The mission of Ashford University is to provide accessible, affordable, innovative, high-quality learning opportunities and degree programs that meet the diverse needs of individuals pursuing integrity in their lives, professions, and communities.
Financial Services Advisor Position Summary:
The Associate Financial Services Advisor advises and assists students and parents with the educational funding process within a centralized student finance structure.
Essential Job Duties:
- Counsel students on student finance opportunities and the proper application process.
- Communicate institutional policies and procedures to students by conducting phone consultations.
- Counsel students on the document intake, awarding, disbursement and withdrawal processes.
- Counsel prospective students and continuing students to ensure they complete the application process promptly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and Institutional Policies governing Title IV student aid programs.
- Communicate with students via phone, email, etc. to answer inquiries on educational funding questions and concerns on time.
- Provide excellent customer service to students and parents.
- Conduct and complete activities via Campus Vue.
- Guide incoming new students to complete the appropriate forms by providing the information they need to complete their student financing process thoroughly.
- All other duties as assigned
Financial Services Advisor Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in an educational setting or a finance background is required, and a Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Student finance experience and knowledge of federal student aid programs and regulations are preferred.
Financial Services Advisor Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with the review before an offer of employment being extended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit at desk location, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (i.e. mouse, keyboard, telephone), frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include a close vision of computer monitor.