AMD – Advanced Micro Devices – Austin, TX – Software Engineer
Related ads : Job Description
Develops and supports software systems and environments for the AMD Product Engineering Operations (PEO) organization. The key functions of this position are to lead the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of software developed to enhance SLT (Systems Level Test ) utilized by the AMD production sites. This position will also provide systems integration of all system solution components. This position provides technical leadership for a development team and is accountable for knowledge and participation on technical teams in support of strategic plans within the Test Technology Equipment Software organization.
Key Job Functions
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and system components for hardware and software compatibility.
- Writes program code and performs testing and debugging of applications using object oriented programming languages and technologies. Creates automated test scripts and unit tests.
- Ensures the on-going operability of systems solutions in a production environment. Responds to production malfunctions and provides timely and effective solutions.
- Designs, develops, and implements systems interfaces.
- Monitors and refines processes, procedures, and systems to optimize system effectiveness and/or integrity and recommends/implements improvements.
- Develops and provides systems documentation.
- Designs, implements and tests high availability and fault tolerance system architectures.
- Interacts with internal customers to understand business processes and collect system requirements;
- May travel on company business, sometimes internationally, for face-to-face interaction with internal customers and technical colleagues.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff members.
- Work in an agile environment using the scrum process.
- It is expected that the person in this job will accomplish the job functions and carry out all responsibilities consistent with AMD values while doing the following:
- Development and actions focus on organizational and process improvements for the covered functional areas.
- Leads or is an active participant on divisional and cross-functional teams.
- Effectively uses communication to influence peers, subordinates, management, customers and vendors when appropriate. Influences people in a positive fashion.
- Identifies and works on a broad range of difficult problems, exercising independent judgment and using methods and techniques that are consistent with current relevant practices and policies.
- Proficient at anticipating or discovering customer needs; presenting options and solutions that add value and are consistent with policies, procedures, and business processes.
- Demonstrates firm understanding of principals, theories and concepts in the job. Effectively applies knowledge to optimize own activities and activities of others affected.
Minimum Education Requirements and skill set:
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 4-5 years experience or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 1 year experience.
- Programming experience (C++, Python, Ruby)
- Unix proficiency
- Experience with source code repositories and tools to track software changes, preferably experience working with continuous integration tools.
At AMD, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
AMD does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and AMD will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.