Allianz: Accountant Job in Chicago, IL
This position will be responsible for the Accounting, Reporting and Credit control activities associated with all technical Reinsurance accounts for the Marine & Aviation lines of Business. Individual will be responsible for developing and monitoring reinsurance completeness and accuracy controls and will need to be on the SME on all reinsurance activity booked for these LOB’s. This position will also be responsible for local reporting for marine and aviation as it pertains to Reinsurance.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty is a member of Allianz Group, one of the largest and most renowned financial services providers in the world representing an international network of strong brands with first-class products. Above all, we strive for commitment to excellence in our daily business, in our relationships with customers, shareholders, employees and society. The Allianz Group serves more than 75 million customers in over 70 countries.
We currently have an opening for an Accountant in our Chicago office.
Accountant Job Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in SAP, Understanding of Technical Reinsurance Accounts and good understanding of Operational booking processes. Experience and knowledge of Global Genius/Cognos a plus.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in Reinsurance accounting unit, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable people and task management skills, keen problem solving approach; strong analytical skills.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform credit controls functions of Reinsurance Receivables/Payables, and related Account reconciliations.
- Accountant will Work collaboratively with Finance team and other Functional Areas (Operations, Accounting, Claims, etc). in establishing Reinsurance process and booking flows and develop booking and accuracy completeness controls for Marine and Aviation reinsurance business.
- Perform detailed reconciliation of Marine/Aviation production data to reported amounts and identify and escalate indentified differences.
At Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty we have built a team and a culture that are as innovative as our products, and we continue to grow because we help our employees to do the same. We believe that work should be rewarding, and that good work should be rewarded. We offer opportunity, and expect excellence. And we do this all with high ethical standards and a commitment to our community. If you are ready to grow, and if you want to be rewarded, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty is the place for you.
To apply Accountant Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/d9me7sc