Accounting Job Detailed Description
This Accounting is responsible for processing provider levies, including check requests, preparation and maintenance of levy files and keeping well-organized, detailed records. He/she is also responsible for Payment Control back up as needed. Works in close collaboration with the Check Control/Levy Analyst to process, track and maintain provider levies. Processes high volume levy-related check requests, keeping detailed on-line records of account balances. Data entry for tracking of incoming documents. Prepares and maintains levy files, both hard copy and on-line; daily filing required. Scans incoming levy related documents for tracking. Backs-up Payment Control Analyst including check run set up in EOS and Metavante, delivering check stock to Print Room staff, pulling on-line reports, bursting check run documents, account balancing, faxing bank transmittals, reporting ACH failures via Macess, reporting of payment statistics and processing weekly payables and cash receipts. Performs miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
Accounting Job Requirements
- Detail-oriented; soft; excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong team player; reliable; ability to take direction; maintains confidentiality.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills,
- Knowledge of Corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines and federal, state and local levy regulations.
- High school diploma and 2 – 4 years accounting work experience.
- Levy/Garnishment experience a plus.
- Experience with EOS, Thin Client, Macess and Metavante systems a plus.
- Excellent excel and word software skills.
As an eligible candidate for a position at Delta Dental, you must possess the following:
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to perform at a physical location
- Ability to perform job duties for a specific duration of time
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to interact well with co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and adhere to scheduled shifts
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Ability to maintain current status on projects
- Ability to stay current on training/issues in field
Useful service depends upon each employee performing his/her duties to the best of his/her abilities; frequent absences can disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company’s mission; employees are encouraged to be conscientious concerning attendance to avoid any potential disciplinary action.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Accounting Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.