Accounting Assistant at Larkspur Hotels & Restaurants – Manhattan Beach, CA
AccountingLifeCell Corporation for Accounting Clerk in Branchburg, NJ. Read more ... » Assistant Job Description
The Accounting AssistantVibrant Media for Jr Accounting Assistant in New York, NY. Read more ... » has overall responsibility for coordinating, supporting, and assisting the General Manager and hotel management team with general administrative duties, general bookkeeping, human resources and special projects as required. Incumbent must utilize available resources to provide excellent Guest Satisfaction. The Accounting Assistant will meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of Accounting Assistant jobs
- Train Night Auditors on their daily tasks.
- Supervise and monitor all night audit tasks and financial transactions including but not limited to credit card reconciliations, occupancy tax reconciliations, check postings, accounts receivable, and bank deposits.
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and resolve discrepancies.
- Accounting Assistant will Daily review of room rates, adjustment forms, and assure approval are documented.
- Daily review of guest ledger for all in-house accounts balances and permanent accounts and assure proper approvals are in place.
- Assure accounts receivable procedures are followed.
- Accounting Assistant must Monitor weekly chargeback summary on Paymentech and AMEX online to ensure actions have been taken and correspond to chargeback log.
- Assure compliance with all moth-end requirements, including all items on the “Month end Checklist.”
- Accounting Assistant Responsible for hotel adherence to Larkspur Hospitality’s Finance & Accounting policies and procedures.
- Review all invoice codings and approvals for accuracy and timely submission to home office.
- Responsible for gift certificate monitoring and tracking.
- Accounting Assistant must Manage inventory counts, review for pricing and accuracy, and submit timely for month-end.
- Assist General Manager in annual budgeting process.
- Assist General Manager with variance reports (expense, payroll, and revenue).
- Review final payroll run for accuracy each pay period prior to payroll processing.
- Accounting Assistant must Monitor payroll on a daily basis for overtime and resolve punch discrepancies.
- Assure that additional pay requirements are properly entered on daily basis (gratuities, PTO, Meal break penalty).
Human Resources support
- Manage personnel related paperwork, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, filing, and documentation.
- Enforce compliance with company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Accounting Assistant have Schedule and prepare for employee meetings to include new hire orientation, benefit open enrollment, training, 401 k, etc.
- Assist with the recruiting process by placing ads and online postings and coordinating pre-employment drug screen and background check process.
- Accounting Assistant Manage new-hire, termination, and status change paperwork; verifies the completeness of employee information in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with Workers’ Compensation claims and safety programs.
- Accounting Assistant Respond to employee questions regarding benefits and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate employee personnel files in line with Company policy and legal requirements.
- Handle guest complaints regarding credit cards, billing, and payments.
- Frequently Audit GSA and Front Office Managers banks.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: Accounting Assistant must have a minimum two years prior experience in accounting position. A college degree in Accounting or related area is preferred.
- Language Skills: Read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Technical Skills: Accounting Assistant must have a Basic computers skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and email. Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule form.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts. Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate office equipment such as, but not limited to, printers, fax machine and copiers.
The company offers a wide variety of benefits including health, dental, vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependant Care), Company-paid Disability and Life Insurance policies and a matching 401k Plan.
EOE M/F/D/V. Larkspur Hotels & Restaurants conduct post-offer Background Check/Drug Testing.
To apply Accounting Assistant Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/822upqj