Accounting Assistant Job Description
Regularly performs complex and specialized Accounting Assistant functions identified by the department while learning the methods, processes and procedures of the job. Accounting Assistant Work is performed by applying knowlede of accounting terminology and through the use of spreadsheets, database software, and/or department specific applications.
- Inputs, updates, and /or retrieves accounting data from computer system.
- Accounting Assistant must Reads, understands and applies current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes.
- Performs data entry for billings and vouchers according to specific instructions.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
- Accounting Assistant Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors as necessary. Proofreads and corrects accounts, bills, checks, vouchers or charges for accuracy and completeness of information and prepares entries to correct errors found.
- Accesses automated accounting reports system, selects appropriate report among numerous versions, and prints reports as required.
- Sorts, codes and assigns classification numbers to data and/or other informational material.
- Accounting Assistant Operates manually, electrically, and/or electronically controlled standard office equipment. Manually files and/or removes records and reports according to instructions.
- Provides information to other employees and/or the public.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
Chesapeake offers an attractive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance as well as equity compensation. Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified Accounting Assistant candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.
Accounting Assistant Qualifications
- Considerable knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of spreadsheets, database software and the automated accounting system used in the department.
- Accounting Assistant must have Knowledge of financial computations and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of techniques used in locating errors.
- Accounting Assistant Ability to perform complex and difficult assignments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret complex written materials and instructions, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to review complex processes and to compare information in order to identify discrepancies and deviating circumstances.
- Ability to use a calculator with speed and accuracy, perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Ability to type, enter and retrieve information with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Accounting Assistant Demonstrate good computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications and basic office equipment.
- Substantial written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
Accounting Assistant Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
Primary Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Accounting Assistant Salary grade: –
To apply Accounting Assistant Job Opportunity >>> http://tinyurl.com/4yfu9mx