Accountant II Job in Austin, TX – University of Texas
Essential Functions of AccountantThermo Fisher Scientific: senior Royalty Accountant - Carlsbad, CA. Read more ... » II Job in Austin, TX
- May assist with analyzing existing plant processes and identifying methods for improving efficiency and effectiveness, including identifying and developing new reports, automating existing reports by documenting, identifying, and/or developing appropriate business rules for process automation.
- Audits and processes purchase, cash receipt, and disbursement documents in accordance with disbursing rules and regulations.
- This includes assisting with preparation of the Annual Financial Report (AFR) by developing timelines, performing priority assignments, preparing AFR schedules, and reviewing information for accuracy for inclusion in the AFR.
- Prepares entries including billings to government agencies on federal construction projects.
- Assists with integrity of Plant Fund accounts including reconciliation, report analysis, and audit and/or review and approval of campus departments plant entries.
- Reviews central accounts and fund groups for propriety of entries and investigates overdrafts.
- Assists with responses to audit requests and implementation of audit recommendations.
- To provide accurate and timely monthly and annual financial reportingSenior Accountant in Los Angeles California as Financial Reporting at Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. Read more ... », analyses, forecasting services, and accountingEaton: Accounting Analyst - Arden, NC. Read more ... » support for customers, oversight agencies, UT management, and section managers within the Financial Affairs department.
- Assists with documenting processes and procedures.
Purpose of Accountant II Job Position
- To provide accounting and related assignments support involving the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial data related to Plant Funds activity.
Accountant II Job Required qualifications
- Required to be highly proficient in the recording, examination, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or CPA or related field (Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Systems Management).
- Two years experience with plant funds or fixed asset accounting and data validation.
- Experience preparing departmental or university financial reports and working with business intelligence tools (such as Cognos).
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications of Accountant II Job
- Progressive experience in a Capital Assets or Plant Funds unit. MPA, MBA, and or CPA. Advanced Excel skills.
Working conditions of Accountant II Job in Austin, TX
May work around standard office conditions Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation Use of manual dexterity Required overtime and weekend work during cyclical times of the year due to accounting deadlines.
To apply Accountant II Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/bmsnmdn