21st Century Oncology for Nurse Practitioner or PA in Jacksonville, FL
Nurse Practitioner or PA
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PURPOSE: The Nurse Practitioner works closely with the physician to provide quality patient care. The Nurse Practitioner traditionally works under the supervision of a physician as a dependent practitioner and is capable of doing 80-85% of the services rendered by a physician and sees patients in routine status checks, office consults, re-evaluations, hospital consults and discharge summaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain history and physical
- Family counseling
- Record pertinent data on patient charts for signature by M.D.
- Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries
- Administer and or order medication upon request of supervising physician
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization measures on any patient requiring such
- Perform chart audits
- Provide in-service and daily consultation to nursing staff
- Initiate consultation and monitor patients for individual tests
- Counsel patients as to preventive care
- Other general duties performed in a general practice outlined in F.S. Chapter 458.347
- Share on –call responsibilities with a supervising physician on back-up
- Answering physician-patient calls
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance with the physician assistant’s knowledge and experience developed by the supervising physician in the field of radiation oncology (under guidelines of Chapter 458.347)
Specific Tasks for Hospitals:
Make daily rounds for patients to include: writing notes; orders and schedules tests; planning discharge; and communicating with families, patients and other health care providers.
- Dictate discharge summaries.
- Assess patients referred for consultation and coordinate their care.
- Assist physicians in special procedures when other responsibilities are fulfilled.
Nurse Practitioner Qualification Requirements:
Holds a current license and is in good standing
- Maintains certification in agreement with Department of Regulations
- Able to perform health care tasks in radiation oncology delegated by supervising physician efficiently and more consistent with patient’s health and welfare
- Able to obtain and sustain hospital clinical privileges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel distances within the surrounding community
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Maintain privileges at hospitals/institutions as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
- Meets the standards set by the Board of Medicine
- Experience in clinical setting preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and group situations with patients, physicians, employees and other customers of the organization
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
Must accurately control the release of proprietary and confidential information
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for Nurse Practitioner Job: http://tinyurl.com/4pvjl3p